GLISTENING GODDESSES SPRAY TANNING TIPS©
It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you read this thoroughly before and/or after your spray tan!
• You cannot have any lotion, makeup, sunscreen or oil on your skin at the time of your appointment. Deodorant is okay. If you are coming from work or somewhere and you do have makeup on, you can wash your face when you get to the salon. You cannot even have makeup or lotion on from earlier in the day.
• Chapsticks/lip balms/glosses/lipsticks & mascaras are okay to have on during and after your tan. Anything on your lips or eyelashes does not interfere with the tan.
•It is recommended that you do not shower for 10-12 hours. The solution takes 6-12 hours to develop and showering before the 10-12 hour time frame may lighten up your color. •No sweating, swimming, getting wet or exercising until your first shower after your spray tan. Doing so may cause you to streak. •There is a bronzer in the solution, which means that you will have some color immediately after you are sprayed. The color will continue to darken as the solution develops. •Because there is a bronzer in the solution, you will get darker and darker as the day goes on because your spray tan is developing underneath the bronzer. This is normal. •If you are waiting until the next day to shower, when you wake up, you will be darker than you were the day before – this is only because the bronzer is still on you and the spray tan has fully developed. •When you do take a shower, the bronzer is going to wash off. You don’t need to do anything to get the bronzer off, just let the water from the shower remove it.
• If you do not have time to take a regular shower, you can just rinse the bronzer off. You should especially do this if you are planning on working out the next morning. If you would like to just hop in the shower, rinse your bronzer off and then take a regular shower later, that is an option.
•You may see the bronzer coming off of you, this is normal. Your spray tan is not washing off, it is just bronzer. •If you are waiting until the next day to shower and you would like to work out, shower before you work out and then shower again. Working out with the bronzer on may cause your tan to streak. Even if you just rinse the bronzer off and then take a full shower after your workout.
• It is recommended that instead of wiping yourself dry after you get out of the shower, to pat yourself dry instead.
•Moisturizing helps extend the life of your tan and it helps your tan to fade more evenly. We recommend using a hydrating lotion; we do not recommend using a lotion that is mainly a fragrance, like Bath and Body Works or Victoria's Secret. •DO NOT exfoliate with loufas, body scrubs, body washes or soaps with exfoliating beads until your tan starts to fade away. •Limit the shaving of your legs, as this is also a form of exfoliating. You can still shave your legs, however we do not recommend doing it daily. •The tan is not going to just disappear, you are going to notice it fading. You can start exfoliating when you notice it is starting to fade and/or in preparation for your next tan. •If you decide to wear makeup the day you get sprayed, bronzer is not recommended since there is a bronzer in the solution and face makeup is not recommended because it probably will not match your skin color. •If you are waiting until the next day to shower, you cannot wash your face before you go to bed. This also goes for not washing any makeup off your face before you go to bed. Sleep with your makeup on!
• Mascara and lip balms, glosses and lipsticks do not interfere with the tan.
• It is better if you have nail polish on before your tan, even if it is just a clear coat. Your nails and toenails will be wiped down at the end of your spray tan, so you don't have to worry about your nail polish being messed up!
•Face washes containing salicylic acid and/or benzoyl peroxide are not recommended because they can eat away at your spray tan. •Acne spot treatments are also not recommended during the week your spray tan is on. •If you wear eye shadow, blush or face makeup, sleep with your makeup on that night. •Go easy around water the day you get sprayed – this includes everything from doing dishes to brushing your teeth. While you can still do these things, it is recommended that you use caution when you are near water to ensure you do not mess up your spray tan.
• If you have small children, it is recommended that you bathe them prior to your spray tan.
•You will feel a little sticky and the spray tan does have a slight odor to it – this is normal. •The bronzer may get on the inside of your clothes or on your sheets. It should not stain, however we cannot guarantee this. •It is recommended that you have any facial or body waxing done prior to your spray tan. DO NOT get waxed after your spray tan and before you shower.
• Threading and waxing of eyebrows and lips should be done prior to your tan.
•It is also recommended that you get a pedicure before you come in for your tan. DO NOT get one after your spray tan and before you shower. If you get one before you come in, make sure they wipe off any lotion. It is okay, however, to get a DRY pedicure after your spray tan. •Your spray tan will last 4-8 days. The more you moisturize, the longer the tan can last. You can use any moisturizer, but moisturizers containing self-tanners are not recommended because they can have adverse effects. Any hydrating moisturizer is recommend! •It is recommended to moisturize at least once a day. You can start moisturizing after your first shower. •Your face is going to fade faster since you wash it more frequently. •Wash your hands as directed by the spray tan specialist. You will be told to only wash the insides of your hands while the spray tan is developing. The most effective way to do this is with hand sanitizer or an antibacterial wipe. If you do not have these available, you can also use a paper towel or towel with soap.
• Try not to touch your skin to see if you are sticky. The solution does feel sticky while it is in the developing phase before your first shower and this is normal. If you touch your skin and do not wash the insides of your hands, your palms may end up becoming stained because palms are not supposed to come in contact with the spray tan solution. If you do accidentally touch your skin, this is fine, just wash the insides of your hands as directed by your spray tan specialist!
• You are allowed to go in the sun after your spray tan, however it is recommended that you wait at least one day before doing so. Wearing SPF while out in the sun is always highly recommended.
• If you are going on vacation after your spray tan, we recommend wearing sunscreen. We also recommend mixing moisturizer with your sunscreen and putting both on at the same time each time you would normally apply your sunscreen - especially after prolonged exposure to the sun, being in the ocean or being in the pool.
• Going in the ocean or a pool after your tan is okay. It is recommended that you wait at least one day before doing this also. Chlorine may make your tan fade faster, however it is not going to remove the tan immediately.
• If it is raining or snowing the day of your appointment, it is recommended that you bring an umbrella and/or wear protective clothing - such as long pants, long sleeved shirts and a sweatshirt.
PLEASE INFORM US IF YOU ARE PREGNANT, BREAST FEEDING OR HAVE A NUT ALLERGY. ***Our original solutions contain nuts!
If you have any questions about the information above, please feel free to call us at 401.454.4569 or text us as 401.218.8411!
©COPYRIGHT GLISTENING GODDESSES, LLC