Preparation - Skin/Nail Care
• It is better if you have nail polish on before your tan, even if it is just a clear coat. Your nails and toenails will be wiped down at the end of your spray tan, and it prevents your nails from staining.
•It is recommended that you have any facial or body waxing done prior to your spray tan. DO NOT get waxed after your spray tan and before you shower.
• Threading and waxing of eyebrows and lips should be done prior to your tan. It is okay to have your eyebrows plucked the same day after your tan. Threading can be done after your initial shower.
• Please exfoliate and shave BEFORE your spray tan. This will remove excess skin and will ensure a more even tan. It is recommended that you limit the amount you shave, as shaving is a form of exfoliation.
Preparation - Lotions/Makeup
• You cannot have any lotion, makeup, sunscreen or oil on your skin at the time of your appointment, even if it has been applied earlier in the day. We have makeup wipes in the salon if you need to remove makeup prior to your appointment.
• Chapsticks/lip balms/glosses/lipsticks & mascaras are okay to have on during and after your tan.
• It is okay to have deodorant on during your tan.
Spray Tanning - What to Expect
• If it is raining or snowing the day of your appointment, it is recommended that you bring an umbrella and/or wear protective clothing - such as long pants, long sleeved shirts and a sweatshirt.
•You will feel a little sticky and the spray tan does have a slight odor to it – this is normal.
• Try not to touch your skin to see if you are sticky. The solution does feel sticky while it is in the developing phase before your first shower and this is normal. If you touch your skin and do not wash the insides of your hands, your palms may end up becoming stained because palms are not supposed to come in contact with the spray tan solution. If you do accidentally touch your skin wash the insides of your hands as directed by your spray tan specialist!
•When needed, wash only the insides of your hands while the spray tan is developing. The most effective way to do this is with hand sanitizer or an antibacterial wipe. If you do not have these available, you can also use a paper towel or towel with soap.
•The bronzer may get on the inside of your clothes or on your sheets. It should not stain, however we cannot guarantee this.
Immediate After Care
•It is recommended that you do not shower for 10-12 hours. Showering before the 10-12 hour time frame may lighten up your color.
•No sweating, swimming, getting wet or exercising until your first shower after your spray tan. Doing so may cause streaks.
•DO NOT was your face before your first shower. This also goes for not washing any makeup off your face before you go to bed. Sleep with your makeup on!
•There is a bronzer in the solution, which means that you will have some color immediately after you are sprayed. The color will continue to darken as the solution develops. Your color will lighten after you shower off the bronzer. You will see color coming off in your first shower. This is normal. Your spray tan is not washing off, it is just bronzer.
• Shower before working out or sweating. Working out with the bronzer on may cause your tan to streak. We recommend rinsing the bronzer off, then working out and then taking a full shower - just so you do not have to take two showers back-to-back.
•Go easy around water the day you get sprayed – this includes everything from doing dishes to brushing your teeth. While you can still do these things, it is recommended that you use caution when you are near water to ensure you do not mess up your spray tan.
• If you have small children, it is recommended that you bathe them prior to your spray tan.
Long Term After Care
•Pat dry after your shower. Vigorous rubbing will exfoliate your skin and your tan will not last as long.
•DO NOT exfoliate with loufas, body scrubs, body washes or soaps with exfoliating beads until your tan starts to fade away.
•DO NOT use scented body washes - such as Victoria's Secret and Bath and Body Works. Non-scented/fragrance-free + alcohol-free body washes and soaps are recommended.
•Limit the shaving of your legs, as this is also a form of exfoliating. You can still shave your legs, however we do not recommend doing it daily.
•The tan is not going to just disappear, you are going to notice it fading. You can start exfoliating when you notice it is starting to fade and/or in preparation for your next tan.
•Face washes containing salicylic acid and/or benzoyl peroxide are not recommended because they can eat away at your spray tan. Your face will fad faster as you wash it more frequently.
•Acne spot treatments are also not recommended during the week your spray tan is on.
•Moisturizing helps extend the life of your tan and it helps your tan to fade more evenly. We recommend using a hydrating, non-scented/fragrance-free + alcohol-free lotion!
•Your spray tan will last 4-8 days. The more you moisturize, the longer the tan can last. You can use any moisturizer, but moisturizers containing self-tanners are not recommended because they can have adverse effects. Any hydrating, non-scented/fragrance-free + alcohol-free moisturizer is recommend!
•It is recommended to moisturize at least once a day, however twice a day is encouraged. You can start moisturizing after your first shower. NON-SCENTED/FRAGRANCE-FREE + ALCHOL-FREE moisturizer is recommended.
• Always wear sunscreen when out in the sun. We also recommend mixing moisturizer with your sunscreen and putting both on at the same time each time you would normally apply your sunscreen - especially after prolonged exposure to the sun, being in the ocean or being in the pool. This will extend your tan.
• Wait at least one day before going in the ocean or a pool after your tan is okay. Chlorine may make your tan fade faster, however it is not going to remove the tan immediately. ©COPYRIGHT GLISTENING GODDESSES, LLC
PLEASE INFORM US IF YOU ARE PREGNANT, BREAST FEEDING OR HAVE A NUT ALLERGY.
*** Our original solution contains nuts ***
If you have any questions about the information above, please feel free to call us at 401.454.4569 or text us as 401.218.8411
©COPYRIGHT GLISTENING GODDESSES, LLC